Saturday, December 4, 2010

Our Advent Calendar

The past few years, we have had one of those chocolate advent calendars. The kind where you pull open a little door and find a chocolate. This year, with a peanut allergy, I haven't been able to find a calendar that would be safe. As advent got closer, lots of the blogs that I read started sharing their calendars. Lots of creativity out there! I found one I liked and recreated it for our home!

The advent calendar is a bunch (24) of mittens, mini clothes pins and a red cord. I've started sewing on numbers (I'm only up to 7 so far!) but it's working out great. The mittens are filled with chocolates from Vermont Nut Free Chocolates, little toys and other trinkets. Audrey is thrilled to peek in one mitten each day. Heath...totally clueless!


In totally unrelated news...I was thrilled to find this subject in an e-mail this afternoon:  For Mon: The Twilight Saga: Eclipse



1 comment:

  1. Very cute idea! We love Vermont Nut Free Chocolates!

    ReplyDelete